Chasing a Dream

Chasing a Dream
John and I with our LP finishers medals

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I bet you didn't know how hard I work to make it look easy...

I heard that in a Natasha Bedingfield song today as I was washing my kitchen floors listening to my ipod.  That was after I had swam a workout with the high school team I am coaching, and before I did a 9 mile run.

I think that quote is true in many ways for many people.  I believe that I read a quote something like that from Chrissie Wellington.  Behind anyone who 'makes it looks easy' there are usually many sacrifices that have been made, and a lot of work that has been put in.

CLEANSE:
I have come to the end of my cleanse.  I feel like I was somewhat successful on it.  It was not perfect, but I came out about 7 pounds lighter and am hoping to stick with some of the premises of the cleanse.  I want to keep my caffeine and alcohol consumption way down.  Stick with an almost vegan diet, and try to incorporate healthy smoothies in almost daily.

WORKOUTS:
Sunday: bike trainer workout 3 by 10' with 3 minutes rest between @94-100% LT  Also on Sundays we do abs workout and pushup challenge workout

Monday: 5K TT on the treadmill before school, finished out to 4 miles

Tuesday: 30 minute TT on the bike trainer.  This workout by definition kicks my butt.  Warm up for 10 minutes and then ride as hard as you can for 30 minutes.  My avg hr was the exact same as the last time I did the TT, BUT....I got to 8.33 miles and a month ago I was only at 7.68 miles.

BTW, why am I SO much slower on my trainer than when outside.  I have to work my tail off to keep at 16mph on the trainer, and 16mph is easy spinning when I am outside!!!!

Also abs and pushups on Tuesdays!!

Wednesday: Run 4 pretty easy miles before school (4:45am-5:20)

Thursday: bike trainer 2 by 15' (5' rest) @85-90% of LT  and abs and pushups

Friday: rest day

Saturday:  2100 meters with swim team in the morning and then 9 mile run on treadmill (windy and snowy outside) at about 9:30 pace.

The person I coach swimming with gave me her INSANITY workouts to try.  I may try to fit one in either tomorrow or Monday (no school).

LIZZIE:
My senior daughter just got her official news in the mail today that she was awarded an appointment to WestPoint Military Academy.  She has already signed her acceptance.  She will be off to the academy on June 27th.

She is very excited for the opportunity.  She knows that it will be very hard and take a lot of work.  She is excited for the opportunity to learn and grow.  I am very happy for her, and will miss her very much!!

I hope everyone is getting in some good workouts!!

No comments: